Diana's Diary

My thoughts, travels and adventures.

Letter from Auntie

I got a letter from Auntie today!

Here it is:




It's June now, so it looks like from the time I mail a letter to the time she gets it and mails one back is nearly six weeks. I don't know if it will be that long every time, or if sometimes it's faster and sometimes slower. I guess I'll have plenty of time to find out.

Poor Auntie! She obviously thinks I'm only staying a little while and will go "home" soon. She doesn't realize that this is my home now and I have no intention of returning. Maybe some day I'll go back, but it's not my plan right now.

I wonder if I should tell her?

I'm glad she didn't tell Will where I am. I had been a little worried. Would he come after me if he knew where to find me? I wouldn't put it past him. Long ago he made it his job to take care of me and once his mind is made up about something, there's no unmaking it. I think he would cross an ocean to protect me, if he had to. But I don't need anyone looking out for me. I'm not a child.

It was nice of Miguel to want to send money, but even nicer that Robert offered, too. I guess he doesn't hate me. I wonder if this means he'll write to me?

I think if I ever go home, it will be for him. But not now. He probably doesn't want to take a chance on me, and I'm very busy building a life I can be proud of.

I've added Auntie's pictures to my scrapbook. It made me so happy to see pictures from home!




2 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Hi, Biby! I see you're from India. At the end of April I met a very nice lady named Sumitra whose grandparents and great-grandparents were from your country. She cooked a really good dinner for me and then her son made sure I got on the riverboat okay.

I'm trying to get an education now, so maybe I'll have a chance to learn more about your country. The world is a big place and there's so much to learn!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

The letter from Amalia really brings home just how far Diana has come emotionally. She stopped running a long time ago. It's not a question of when she will go home at all. Good thing Amalia has the school and the kids to keep her occupied or I'd feel bad for her.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home